Friday 7 June 2013

Eden - Framboise et Pistache Gâteau

Eden... Garden of Eden, paradise, ultimate happiness... long list of definition, I think I will choose all of them for this cake. Since last time I had my macaron-based cake Harmonie... this is the one I will keep in my recipe book! An amazing cake made with all flavors I love, raspberries, pistachios, crème au beurre, ganache... a paradise for me! If making macaron is challenging, making a macaron cake is even more challenging, but luckily I succeed! I have tried a few times but they didn't look pretty to me at and I just ate them as snack. Also, to get it ready at its peak time to enjoy is another whole story... I can say this Eden cake is amazing and I will definitely make it again for some special occasions!

You need

two 12 cm raspberry macaron discs
pistache ganache
pistache crème au beurre (pistachio butter cream)
framboise gelée (raspberry gelee)
fresh raspberries
one pinkpeppercorn raspberry macaron (or your choice)

First thing to do is to bake two raspberry macaron discs. I use a bit raspberry in my tant pour tant to enhance my cake flavor, however the batter has to be a bit thicker than that for normal macarons. See, I piped a giant pink-flattened-snail on my Silpat! Looks kind of funny... I let them rest for a while and  bake them as usual.

After my macaron discs cooled off, next step is to assemble my cake. I got my mise en place first and laid down one disc and piped a small ring of pistachio ganache. Then a circle of fresh raspberries was laid gently and secured on on top of it. Don't know why this picture turns out a bit yellowish... hmm maybe the light???

This step is more fun part... I piped a thin layer of pistachio butter cream inside my raspberries circle, and put a small disc of raspberry gelée in the centre. My cake is coming to shape now! I prefer to have my filling have a nice mouth feel, so my raspberry gelée is made of fresh raspberry puree, sugar and gellan. This gelée may looks a bit firm but when I bite into it, it just get soft and become liquify... hard to describe it but taste amazing!

Okay, my cake is nearly finish. I piped more butter cream on top of the gelée, another circle of pistachio ganache on the raspberries, then I gently laid another macaron disc on top. Another dot of ganache on top, last but not least, I decorated my cake with a small pinkpeppercorn raspberry macaron and my Eden cake is done! But still, I need to wait a bit to let its flavors blend together before I can taste it. Story continues, my friend came over for dessert after dinner and I can finally taste my cake. Omg, its wonderful... all the flavors and different textures blend together taste like paradise. I should have take a picture but it finished very fast.....

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment